So, you’ve embarked on a fabulous journey to revamp your brand or create a stunning website. You’ve found an awesome brand/web designer who understands your vision and is ready to bring it to life. Exciting stuff! 💃
Now, picture this: you receive the first set of design drafts, and your heart skips a beat. It’s time to provide feedback and ensure you and your designer are on the same glamorous page. But hold on, darling, because giving good feedback is an art in itself! 🎨
Let’s dive into some tips to help you become a feedback pro and make the most out of your collaboration:
- Be specific, not sketchy: Instead of saying, “I don’t like the design,” let your designer know what exactly doesn’t resonate with you. Is it the colour palette, the font choice, or the overall vibe? The more specific you are, the better your designer can refine their work to match your fabulous taste.
- Balance honesty and kindness: Remember, constructive criticism doesn’t have to be brutal. Share your thoughts in a gentle and supportive manner, highlighting what you love about the design and then offering suggestions for improvement. A little sprinkle of positivity can go a long way!
- Give clear direction: If you have a particular vision in mind, communicate it clearly. Share examples or references that capture the aesthetic you’re aiming for. This will help your designer understand your style and bring your dreams to life with their creative genius.
- Embrace the power of collaboration: Remember, you and your designer are a dynamic duo! Embrace the opportunity to bounce ideas off each other and co-create something extraordinary. Value their expertise and be open to their suggestions and recommendations.
- Timing is everything: Timely feedback is the key to a smooth design process. Don’t keep your designer hanging for weeks before sharing your thoughts. Respect their time and commitment to your project by providing feedback promptly.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions: If there’s something you don’t quite understand or need further clarification on, don’t hesitate to ask! Your designer will be more than happy to explain their choices and guide you through the design journey.
Remember, darling, providing good feedback is all about fostering a collaborative and supportive atmosphere. By sharing your thoughts with clarity and kindness, you’ll ensure your brand or website becomes an absolute showstopper!